Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Beginning

Hello!

I am Kryssa and I am 18 years old. I was born and raised on the island of Oahu (Hawai'i). No, I did not grow up in a grass hut on the beach. I am a very driven and motivated individual; in high school, I was Student Government president for two years, National Honor Society vice-president, Varsity Girls' Air Riflery co-captain, as well as being a participant in many other groups and clubs. I originally came here to WSU to pursue a degree in Civil Engineering. Like most other students, I changed my mind and although I am currently undecided, I would like to declare Elementary Education as my major. In addition, I am going to minor in Japanese. I wouldn't call myself an extraordinary writer, nor would I call myself an amateur. I was in GT/Honors/AP leveled English courses since 7th grade (obviously I didn't get English credits from the AP test) but could still use a lot of improvement. I love dogs...I have three rottweilers back at home. I have a love for learning about different cultures and understanding why and how things work. I enjoy watching movies and television shows as a past time. Above all, I love spending time with family and friends. My study habits haven't changed since I left high school (where I graduated with a 3.96 GPA). My attitude about education is clearly that what I put in is what I will get out of a course. Grades aren't everything to me at this point...I just want to improve my skills and understand the concepts presented in class. If I try my best and get a C out of a class, I'l accept it knowing that I did all I could do to get the most out of a course.

I am here to bounce ideas off of my peers, gain constructive criticism, make new friends, learn, and grow as an individual. Please feel free to join me... :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kryssa!
    Like I don't already know you.. I didn't know you were Student Government President! :D
    That's so awesome that you were in the Air Riflery thing! I bet that was fun. I was barely involved in High School and it sure looks like you were pretty involved.. I regret how uninvolved I was in High School and I totally should have joined at least one club. I look forward to reading your essays! (Not! xD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    That's really cool that you were involved in so much in highschool! I was a part of Honors Society also all through High School. I definitely have had some good experiences while volunteering! I am love dogs also! I have two dogs at home, I miss them so much while at school!! Well I am excited to get to know you more and work on editing our essays together! bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kryssa!
    I really enjoyed reading your about me! You have a lot of things about you that I found interesting! Your overall high school GPA is very impressive! That's amazing to maintain that high of a GPA! I think you have a really good outlook on the way you view school. I also want to major in Elementary education! I want to be a second grade teacher and I always have. I don't know too many other people who want to major in that but that's cool that you do too! We seem to have quite a few things in common so I think we'll have a good time working together over the semester! See you in class on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christ, another Hawaii kid. Like i said on Tim's, i have family who lives in Hawaii, except that they are on Maui. My brother is in his senior year of civil engineering here, he has enjoyed it, maybe you should think about reconsidering.

    ReplyDelete