Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Taylor Swift!

Did the article about Taylor Swift influence your opinion of her personally and her music? Do you think the pictures and charts added to the article or subtracted from it?

Truthfully...no. I love Taylor Swift, person and performer. She may have had a few iffy live performances, but no one is perfect. She certainly isn't as horrible of a live singer as a lot of other musical performers out there (*cough Katy Perry*). The gigantic chart with all the eye-balls on it certainly made me realize how much crying and what not are in her songs, but it doesn't make me like her any less. Her songs are fun and catchy or something that most teenagers (or "adults") like ourselves understand. There isn't much depth to her lyrics most times, but I don't always want to think too much about what a song is trying to say -- I just want to enjoy it. So what if all of her songs revolve around the same topics. People can't say that all of Beyonce's songs aren't about love, boys, and sex or that Gaga and her mind control songs about boys are all that much different from Swift. Different style, yes. Nontheless, they (sorry I'm picking on them, but the original author started it...) al write songs primarily revolving around the same theme. Also, can we really say that Taylor Swift is trying to be super innocent? No. I don't know about everyone else but the way Swift swings her head around (with all that hair!) is not something the shy, innocent girl at school does. At least, when I see that big ball of blonde frizz fly around in the air (while she risks breaking her neck), I find it to be rather wild. I find myself to be rather "innocent" and I would not dare to try and fling my hair around that much. Taylor Swift has class...Gaga ...well, she is in her own world of 28th century fashion and dance.


Note: I like Lady Gaga and Beyonce. Just trying to prove a point that I love Taylor Swift's music as well.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha I definitely agree! You made a lot of great points that I'm right behind you with. There are soo many artists that sing about love, boys, and etc. just like Taylor Swift so why is she the one getting called out for her songs? I feel like there's a lot of other artists that I'd say something about before her. I like Taylors music and although it's not all that meaningful, it doesn't mean it's not good or fun to listen to and what not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady Gaga freaks me out. I'm a big Beyonce fan. The big problem I have with artists like Lady Gaga is that their lyrics require deciphering to some degree, whereas Taylor Swift just puts it right out there, and like you said, it is easy and fun to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. I think that the fact Taylor Swift and is simple is what makes her so popular to people. The article was making fun of her, but she is just realistic, Lady Gaga is crazy and different but her songs are hard to relate to

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! She is a great performer and person. You see her in performances and she's all swinging her hair like you said, and she isn't totally being "abstinent" you could say in this. She is not hiding that she is sexy. And Gaga on the other hand, she is wild and crazy and has her own sexiness.

    P.S. LOL@KatyPerry BASHING! hahaha

    ReplyDelete