Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Assessment

In regards to Tuesday's class select one paper that you have written in this semester and assess it as high, middle, or low and explain why. Then explain what you can do to make that paper stronger.

I will assess my McCandless essay for this blog. I think this essay deserves a middle. When I re-read it, I realized that I have a thesis, but it could use some work to make it stronger. I also need to make my argument clearer. I have a lot of support for my argument and I really like the image that I chose (...I'm probably being biased right now). All of the sources I chose are credible and were cited properly in-text and on the works cited page. In this essay, I included about two incidents where I attempted to close read. My ideas are there, however, I need to further analyze the quotes I chose and turn my thoughts into words. I have to expand on a lot of the concepts I explored, but overall I think it is about a middle draft. After my revisions, it should be a fairly solid high.

1 comment:

  1. Those steps will definitely make your argument stronger and easier to understand. Assessing our own works, of course we'll be biased when doing so. The best thing I think is to just get someone else's thoughts and incorporate them in your paper as well. Close reading is a very important part too, and reading this prompt, seems like you have gotten that part down a bit. It's great that you just need to make a few more revisions though! :)

    ReplyDelete